GREAT NEWS!!! After months of work and numerous failed attempts, the East gate is (as of this moment :), fully functional! The generic 1036 code will be completely deleted from the system on March 26th (the date of the Annual Meeting). Your Guests now have 2 options for entering the neighborhood through the East gate;
- They can call you from the Pedestal.
- They can use your personal 4-digit code.
Things to know about using the East Gate:
- You must have a local phone number in order to use this function. The phone line used by the pedestal system does not call out long-distance. We have done this intentionally to avoid a long-distance phone bill. If you do not have a local phone number, you can either set one up or simply use your personal code instead.
- Your 4-digit code is the last 4 digits of your primary phone number, backward. For example, if your primary phone number is 801-555-1234, your personal code would be 4321. Please be selective as to whom you give your code to as to protect the integrity of a secured neighborhood.
- When your Guest arrives, they will use the up/down arrows on the pedestal to find your name. (We have found a few mistakes in spelling of names, first initial, etc. so please let us know asap if there is anything that needs to be fixed on your name.) Once they find your name, they will press the “#” key and the system will call you. Once you are finished speaking with them, press the “9” button on your phone. This will open the gate for them and then hang up the phone line!
- Although we have gotten both primary and secondary numbers from most Residents, we recently found that they system will not forward to the secondary number if the primary phone has a voicemail. The system recognizes the voicemail as having been answered so it never forwards to the secondary phone. There is no way around this, it is simply how the system operates. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
- If you need to change or update anything in the directory, please email those updates directly to Taylor Monty at email@example.com.
Thank you all for your patience. I know we all would love to have had this completed months ago and it’s been a frustrating process to say the least. Good news is, we have a great team of Residents that have been willing to spend countless hours working on this, not giving up until solutions were found. Please be sure to extend a word of Thanks to Taylor Monty, Stacey Ward and Kevin Stevenson next time you see them!!!
As always, we welcome your questions and feedback. Feel free to send your questions or concerns to the general HOA email at firstname.lastname@example.org.